Tapping in to the experience and knowledge that books can provide is invaluable in moving ourselves towards our goals and our God. In this episode we talked about four categories of books you should consider reading:
- Spiritual Development. Obviously the place to start and the first book you should read is the Bible. We also should look to books by other Christians for practical examples of how to apply God’s Word. A few honorable mentions are Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Life, C.S. Lewis’ Mere Christianity, and David Platt’s Radical.
- Parenting Resources. Along with the numerous books we’ve already reviewed and recommended in prior episodes, we would suggest Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham and Visionary Parenting by Rob Rienow.
- Cultural Research. Great options to understand teenager’s mindset are Jean Twenge’s iGen, James Emery White’s Meet Generation Z, and David Kinnaman and Mark Matlock’s Faith For Exiles.
- Knowledge/Enjoyment. It’s also important to find things that relax, entertain, or develop you.
We ended our episode by talking about how to approach a reading plan:
- Determine where you want to grow
- Pick a starting place
- Set a goal
- Find someone to join you and hold you accountable.
We hope that you will find a great place to start reading and allow this habit to help you grow! Let’s keep pursuing being Abnormal!