Thanks for joining us for our 25th EPISODE!! As we enter our seventh month of this podcast, we thought we’d have some fun and offer a bunch of great family game ideas.
We love playing games with our families. Here are some of our very favorites:
- PANDEMIC – a board game about stopping global viral infections. Currently, a very relevant game.
- PUERTO RICO – a resource management board game where you have to settle the island of Puerto Rico and export goods.
- BALDERDASH – A creative game of bluffing that always ends up with some great laughs.
- THE INDEX CARD GAME (Also known at TELESTRATIONS) – this drawing and writing game always ends with surprises.
- APPLES TO APPLES – The classic category game.
- CATCHPHRASE APP – This mobile version of the popular game can be found on Google Play or Apple App Store.
We also talked about games that anyone can play. Here’s some we like:
- UNO/UNO ATTACK – Getting rid of those cards together!
- EXPLODING KITTENS – A hilarious unique card game.
- THE RESISTANCE – Find the spies among you in this dystopian future game.
- BANANAGRAMS – Like Scrabble but better…and faster.
And lastly we talked about more active games, like…
- KAN JAM – Throwing frisbees into cans. It’s the best.
- SARDINES – A more uncomfortable version of hide and seek.
- WASHERS – What else would you do with washers, but throw them into boxes.
And lastly, we mentioned one of Mark’s family’s favorites – CRANIUM HULLABALOO – which we found out is a popular, out-of-print game. We’re not sure it’s worth the online price tag, but it is fun!
So pick a game and plan a party with your family. And, as always, Be Abnormal!!