In this EPISODE, we talk about some of the great reasons and ways to inspire adventure for your family. If you aren’t sick of streaming Netflix, we encourage you to check out last week’s episode – What Are You Binging on Netflix? for some suggestions. We also encourage you to check out Episode 8 – Drinking Coffee and Rites of Passage for more ideas on inspiring your children to meaningful experiences.
A couple of resources for further ideas and research that we highlighted in this episode were
- John Sower’s The Heroic Path. This is particularly a great read for parents of boys.
- Bob Goff’s Everybody Always. An inspiring book with lots of adventure and stories to help us see how to become who God wants us to be.
As we talked about inspiring adventure that helps our children find purpose, ownership and confidence, here were a few suggestions:
- Raise a baby animal.
- Build a fort.
- Get a tent and literally camp in your own backyard.
- Plant something. If you are looking for seeds, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds is a great mail order option with lots of unique choices.
- Have some friendly family competitions. Check out Dude Perfect if you need some inspiration.
- Do something new with your kids you’ve never done before. If you are really feeling adventurous, offer to make a tiktok video with them.
- Remodel a room. Do a significant task together, letting your child make some of the decisions and learn something new.
There are obviously lots of other ways you can inspire adventure while still staying at home. We’d love to hear some of your ideas in the comments. Until next time…Be Abnormal.